I was 4 when I remember watching my sister's get ready for school and my mom get ready for work. I would stay with my dad a lot since I was too young for school. He was in the army reserve so he was able to keep me a lot. I use to wish I could go to school with them, but I really loved staying home with my daddy. We were living in Texas at the time. My dad had family in Pennsylvania.
One morning my sister's and my were getting ready as usual. As soon as my mom and sister's left my dad rushed me saying we have to get ready and fast. He told me to grab whatever I thought I couldn't live without. I remember grabbing some stuffed animals. My dad loaded things up in his pick up truck. We then got in the truck. Being so young I didn't understand what we were doing. I remember driving which seemed like forever. I asked my daddy and he said we are going to see mommom (his mother, my grandmother). I was thrilled I had a long trip with just daddy and I. We had a blast listening to music and talking. I remember falling asleep with my head in his lap and him telling me everything was going to be alright. He got my attention and looked me dead in the eyes and said, "I promise I will never leave you." This promise still haunts me to this day. This promise is something that has effected my life and how I can't stand when someone breaks a promise. I feel like a promise is something that should be kept and when not it hurts. Never promise something you can't keep.
If you haven't guessed yet....my mother and father fought a lot. My father was running away with me. I am not sure exactly what was going on at the time. But as time goes by you will realize my mother was completely crazy and who wouldn't run from her.
Giving you a little peak.....something life changing happens, mother does crazy things, we are mistreated mentally and physically, and I had to learn to take care of self at 13.
TTYL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment