Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Drug Addict Ray

As mentioned before my mother met a guy named Ray one night and brought him to the house to sleep with. Little did we know it would last 8 years. My mother told us she met him at some bar. Everything was good at first, but after several months things went downhill.

Ray had a daughter named Megan which both of them came to live with us. Ray was very abusive and addicted to crack. Ray would beat up on my mother so much that she ended up losing her job at Texas Instruments. My mother would miss work because of the black eye and finally her work had enough. We had to move from our house to a okay house in Garland. I hated going to Garland Middle School because I was basically the only white girl there. This school was made up of more Hispanics or Mexicans. I would have to eat my lunch in the bathroom because girls were mean. I started refusing to go to school. My mother never noticed because by this time her and Ray would never come out of their bedroom.

One day I heard my mother and Ray arguing. Ray stormed out of the house and my mother went falling. My mother ran back into the bedroom. I went to find out if she was okay and saw blood all over the bed. Ray and her had been shooting up (Heroin) and kept missing the veins.

Another time my mother and I went grocery shopping. Evidentially we spent too long at the grocery store so when we got back Ray was on one of his rampages. He threw the groceries everywhere, drug my mother by her hair into the kitchen and started beating on her. He was sitting on top of her punching her left and right, so I grabbed anything I could find and hit him in the head. He got mad and threw me across the room. Moms and Ray's fights always ended up with her being black and blue. They would make up like 15 minutes after it. I started to hate my mother for this. Ray would act like nothing ever happened. I would constantly try to convince my mother to leave him, but it took her 4 years.

One day she finally had enough and we got a Uhaul truck, packed up all our stuff, and went to Pennsylvania to live with Carl. Yes, Carl and my mother never got divorced. When we got to PA my mother started drinking heavy. One time she got out of control asking me if I thought I could take her (meaning fight her). At this point I was thirteen. We had ordered pizza and were waiting on the pizza man when she started pushing me saying, "Come on lets see what you got!" I kept telling Carl he needed to get her under control before I hit her. Finally I got sick of her crap and wrestled her to the floor and sat on her with her arms under my legs. I refused to get up until she calmed down. The poor pizza man didn't know what to think. She calmed down after what seemed like an eternity, which was only 20 minutes. I went to my room and wanted nothing to do with her.

If you noticed I said Ray and my mom were together 8 years and it took her 4 years to leave. As you can see, she goes back to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment