Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Abandoned

My mom and I lived in Hazelton, PA. Where we lived were streets on lots of big hills. My school was a good distance from my house and so were my friends houses. We had been living for Carl for three months.

I decided to go to my friends house after school. Of course it was a good walk! When I got there my friends mother says that I need to call home, Carl called crying and very upset. I called my house and Carl answered. Carl told me that my mother was leaving and going back to Texas. Of course I started freaking out. He then told me she bought a bus ticket and is about to leave now. From where I was it would had taken me 45 minutes to walk and about 15 minute car drive. I asked for him to put my mother on the phone. When she got on the phone she said, "Randi, I miss Ray and can't live without him. I am going back to Texas now and there is nothing you can do to stop me. I hope you have a nice life." She hung up before I could say anything. My friends mother drove me home, but when I got there Carl said she was gone.

At this point, I did not know what to do. I had mixed feelings and emotions running through me. I was wondering if this was a nightmare. How could my own mother leave me all alone with my step dad who I was not even close and in a city I had no other family. Carl told me I was welcome to stay with him but I chose not too since we were not close. I called me mommom (dad's mother) who lived in Philadelphia to come get me.

Next time I will tell you how I got back to Texas........

No comments:

Post a Comment